Thursday, June 7, 2012

In Dar

I've arrived in Dar! I'll be here until Tuesday. The journey was long and I didn't sleep more than an hour or two for some very long amount of time (Monday at 4am to Wednesday night), but all is now well. We are in a hotel/conference center here. Its pretty big and relatively nice - we all have our own rooms with bathrooms and showers even! The showers are pretty basic without hot water, but compared to what I'll have in a few days, this is pretty nice. We aren't allowed to leave the compound for a few days since we don't really know any Swahili and haven't gone through basic security training yet. So, I haven't seen too much of the city. Just the ride from the airport was pretty interesting though. Anyway, once I've got some pictures I'll update again.

No comments:

Post a Comment