Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Flights Booked!

Well, my flights are booked and the expiration date of the yogurt I ate this morning was the day I leave. This just got real. Also yogurt seems to have a longer shelf life than I thought.

I'll arrive in Philadelphia on June 4th, for a day of paperwork and getting to know you stuff before heading to JFK at 2AM on the 5th. We'll fly from there to Johannesburg, South Africa (15 hours) then on to Dar es Salaam, the capitol of Tanzania. We'll arrive at 6pm local time, which is 10 hours ahead of here (West coast). Add another hour or two to get to where we'll be spending our first few days (a hostel, I believe) and that's 28ish hours of travel. Wee!

My last day at work is this Thursday, so I should have plenty of time to fill out forms, get my affairs in order stateside, and pack, pack, pack! I have not, in fact, packed at all yet, so the NEXT post, I promise, will have a picture of some packed bags.


No comments:

Post a Comment